*This is a K.I.S.S. recipe meaning – Keep It Short & Simple . Restaurant slang for don’t overdue the already flavorful ingredients.
2 lbs. tomatillos *cleaned, remove the paper like husk*
1 each small White onion or 3 shallots
1 ½ bunch cleaned cilantro
½ Bunch cleaned parsley
4-6 Cloves garlic
1-2 jalapeño(s) –Depending on heat Preference
1 ½ tablespoons of fresh lime Juice
1 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon of ground cumin
salt and pepper – To Taste
1. Rough chop the tomatillos and onion, toss the tomatillos and the onions in the 1/4 cup olive oil and add a couple pinches of salt and pepper.
– I like to grill the tomatillos and the onion, ahead of time so they have a little bit of cool down time in the fridge. While gathering up other ingredients.
2. Let the tomatillos and onions cool for a few. Now add all ingredients except the remaining olive oil to a food processor or blender.
We now want to pulse-blend this *meaning zap it* wait a second, then zap it again.
3. Add the remaining olive oil (just a drizzle at a time).
4. Don’t forget to season with salt and pepper at the end.
Now go get some veggies, blue corn tortilla chips, anything you like, and enjoy!